Employment Type: Classified Part Time
Peace Valley Charter School is accepting applications for an education assistant. The ideal assistant will love working with children, have an understanding of Waldorf education, and work cheerfully with the lead teacher. This person must be able to take direction easily and apply individual initiative when needed. This is an hourly, part-time position, Monday through Friday. Must be committed to working with colleagues, able to work with changing priorities, and be a model of truth, beauty, and love for the students
Assist special education teacher and/or classroom teacher in providing specially designed instruction to
students with disabilities.
The primary function of an employee in this class is to assist in the delivery of specially designed
instruction. Duties will vary by job assignment, but will include providing instruction to groups of
students, assisting individual students with school work, modifying curriculum or assignments to match
student abilities, documenting activities and work progress, and assisting students with physical needs.
The work is performed under the supervision of a special education teacher, classroom teacher and/or
Principal. The principle duties of the position are performed in a classroom environment.
- Assist teachers in implementing specially designed instruction for special needs students;
- Modify or adapt assignments in line with student abilities;
- Provide feedback to supervising teacher concerning student performance and behavior;
- Document student performance;
- Track students’ assignments;
- Assist students in social situations; accompany students to various school day activities;
- Assist students in completing schoolwork, studying for exams and taking tests;
- Provide testing accommodations for students;
- Assist in maintaining a safe classroom and positive learning environment;
- Maintain student and district confidentiality
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work occurs both in internal office space and classroom and outside playground, garden and farm environment during all times and weather conditions of the year.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application. You will be required to provide your education, work history, and three references. Have digital copies of your cover letter, resume, college transcripts and letters of recommendation prepared to upload. You may save a draft and continue later, however it would be best to have all information on hand before beginning your application. If you have any questions about this application email firstname.lastname@example.org.