POSITION: Part-time classified position as staff music accompanist.
BENEFITS: Eligible for sick and personal PTO, PERSI 401k retirement plan
To assist in the successful operation of K-8 school choir and dance classes and performances. The accompanist will facilitate this process through various skilled musical and non-musical responsibilities, working closely and cooperatively with the Eurythmy instructor and Pedagogical Chair as needed.
- Be able to sight-read sheet music, primarily drawn from classical and folk repertoires
- Work in an effective and cooperative manner with the Eurythmy instructor
- Master the musical scores required in a timely manner
- Provide able and enlightened assistance from the piano during choir and dance rehearsals
- Provide mature and effective leadership in rehearsals when required
- Be available for all school musical and dance performances
- Provide other non-musical assistance to the music and eurythmy programs as needed
- Be able to improvise piano music
- Maintain communication with school personnel and parents to enhance cooperative action which will meet the educational needs of students
- Performs other related work as required
KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Advanced piano skills
- Advanced music theory
- Vocal techniques
- Site reading, conducting, transposing, arranging and coaching skills
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Complete the online application
- Upload digital copies of your cover letter, resume, college transcripts, and three letters of recommendation OR email them to email@example.com after completing the online application.