Employment Type: Classified Part Time
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Hourly Pay Rate: Starts at $12.00
Peace Valley Charter School is seeking an assistant for the current school year for our kindergarten class of 20 children. The ideal assistant will love working with children, have an understanding of Waldorf education, and work cheerfully with the lead teacher to support classroom activities, snack preparation and dishes in particular. This person must be able to take direction easily and apply individual initiative when needed. This is an hourly, part-time position, Monday through Friday. Must be committed to working with colleagues, able to work with changing priorities, and be a model of truth, beauty, and love for the students
The Educational Assistant assists the Kindergarten program by performing a variety of support activities. Duties and responsibilities listed below are descriptive of the typical tasks performed:
- Coordinate with Kindergarten teacher to determine the areas of need on a weekly basis
- Provide individual student support through the day as needed
- Support the goals and objectives of classroom activities by preparing materials and obtaining required supplies or equipment
- Actively work with students during an activity and assists with clean-up afterward
- Provide necessary supervision in such activities as circle time, rest time, playground, meal service, arrival or departure of children
- Assist in the maintenance of required records and other paperwork
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks
- Assist with administering student tests
- Provide playground and lunch supervision when scheduled
- Coordinate with Care Team to provide targeted student support where needed
- Assist teachers with coordination of parent volunteers
- Get to know the students and have fun
A.A. and/or ECE units preferred.
Experience working with young children
Knowledge of Waldorf pedagogy teaching experience ideal.
First Aid and CPR Certificate are highly desirable.
Spanish speaker, required for immersion class
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work occurs both in internal office space and classroom and outside playground, garden and farm environment during all times and weather conditions of the year.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application. You will be required to provide your education, work history, and three references. Have digital copies of your cover letter, resume, college transcripts and letters of recommendation prepared to upload. You may save a draft and continue later, however it would be best to have all information on hand before beginning your application. If you have any questions about this application email firstname.lastname@example.org.